Senior Associate Risk Assurance
As a Senior Associate, you will supervise and plan client engagements including System and Organization Controls (SOC) audits, IT General Controls support, HITRUST Cyber Security Framework, Cyber security Assessments, ISO Assessments, and Agreed Upon Procedures engagements. You will help to ensure the completion the audit reports and interact accordingly with clients to identify and resolve field audit issues.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise, plan, and perform audits, reviews, compilations, and various consulting client engagements.
- Lead a team of up to five staff members under supervision of a Manager and/or Partner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic and moderately complex workpaper preparation.
- Exhibit strong analytical skills to evaluate financial data and relationships.
- Continue to develop administrative, professional and interpersonal skills to the extent of being able to organize, analyze and communicate with both the engagement team and client personnel in a professional, productive and efficient manner.
- Analyze control activities and supporting documentation and draw logical conclusions.
- Exercise professional skepticism in the critical assessment of audit evidence.
- Research and analyze pertinent client, industry and technical matters.
- Identify, assess, and document controls and weaknesses in client accounting systems
- Thoroughly evaluate assigned areas of controls testing and identify potential points for improvement.
- Prepare clear and accurate workpapers.
- Update Managers and/or Partners of job status and assurance issues in timely manner.
- Develop understanding of client businesses related to assigned assurance areas.
- Know and apply specialized knowledge, for example, the rules, regulations, and code of ethics of the AICPA, be familiar with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (“FASB”) and the AICPA, and applicable state regulations.
- Understand and comply with the Firm’s quality control policy.
- Organize, analyze, and communicate with both fellow auditors and client personnel in a professional, productive and efficient manner.
- Perform timely review of staff workpapers and provide constructive feedback.
- Perform some management duties, including: second review of workpapers, directly report to Partner and attend board/client presentations/meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or related field.
- CISA certification desired.
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting in audit or assurance
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable GAAP
- Experience in supervising Audit staff professionals
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to research and analyze technical issues independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to teach and train others
- Ability to identify internal control deficiencies and document management letter comments for purposes of communicating deficiencies and weaknesses to clients
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Engagement